An essential requirement for running an effective software development team today is to take advantage of DevOps best practices. The necessity to mix and match on-premises and cloud based platforms and infrastructure across development, QA, and operations, quickly makes the complexity and time required to keep everything running, like a disproportionate burden on the core business process activities. Instead of spending time on building features and core IP, your team has to trade-off their time in order to make the “factory” processes run smoothly. Panaton offers managed DevOps services to offload these complex and time-consuming, yet non-productive activities.
- Atlassian – Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket, GitFlow
- Microsoft TFS
- Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Docker
- AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware
- Custom API, data simulators and data generators
- Test Automation – SoapUI, Selenium
- Unit Test – JS, Python, Java, .NET, Andorid & iOS
DevOps Engagement Process
- Establish the starting point for the project.
- Triage wish list against strategic goals and reconcile with budget and timeline. Architect overall solution, taking into consideration client “must-haves”.
- Audit architecture with internal teams and build implementation timeline. Several iterations are often required. Begin informal process of retraining and plan details of specific staff training and education.
- Perform the actual system implementation, including migration of source code repositories, prior bug tracking and issue management data. Integrate with preserved build, test and deployment infrastructure and integrate new add-ons and replacements.
- Formal training is critical to the success of the project, as to a large degree it is contingent on the buy-in from the client team.
- Test, test, test and test again to guarantee a clean and painless switch-over.
- Final delivery. The moment of truth.
Continuous Delivery with Managed DevOps
We engineer continuous integration, continuous test and continuous deployment & delivery in every project and back it with expert branch-by-feature source control management
- No specific toolset preference – our focus is on best practices, not the specific software or vendor package;
- Internally preferred tools are Atlassian and Microsoft TFS. We were one of the first Atlassian / JIRA customers (since 2003).
Our DevOps practice helps our clients to
- Improve deployment frequency, time to market and shorten lead time between fixes;
- Improve quality of new releases, and guarantee fast and consistent ability to roll back a release in the event of failure or deficiency;
- Maximize the predictability, efficiency, security, and maintainability of operational processes;
- Minimize staff turnover risk and insure continuity of operations;
- Preserve and protect key IP within the organization;
- Make cyber security and customer data protection a standard ongoing concern, covered by the development process, rather than an afterthought;
- Integrate with incident response and business continuity plans and processes